The Youth Program Coordinator will be responsible for reigniting our Youth Ministry Program at the Hallville-South Mountain United Churches Pastoral Charge. This will be accomplished through specific events, such as Messy Churches and Youth Group activities between September-June. This position is a part-time and is intended for a 1 year-pilot commitment.
- Education: University degree in a teaching and/or child development and/or related field a strong asset.
- A current (in the last 6 months) Police Record Check, Level 2 required
- Experience working in a leadership role with children/youth programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people of all ages.
- Excellent organizational skills and must be able to work independently
- Must have experience in developing own curriculum/activities
- Must show a commitment to a Faith Community
- Work independently to coordinate regular activities for the youth of the United Churches of the South Mountain Pastoral Charge (2-18yrs) to involve them in the life and work of the congregation.
- Will need to plan and develop programming for Messy Church events, set up the events and clean up after the events.
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating the volunteers needed for the events.
- Responsible for advertising and posting press releases for the program as needed.
- Will be responsible for consulting and reporting to the M&P committee and will also be required to attend the Pastoral Charge Board Annual meeting to provide a progress report to be used for program evaluation.
- Responsible for managing the expense budget and will need to submit all receipts in at the end of the year.
- Part-time for 12 -15 hrs per month at $20 an hour for nine months of the year (September – June, excluding December).